Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Aging Parents

I have been an only child since my brother was killed in Vietnam in 1968.  Spoiled rotten, the limelight always.  My childhood was so awesome.

In 2005 my only child, my son, Dusty was killed in a car accident.  He was my paretns only grandchild.  Spoiled rotten, the limelight always.

The past few years has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me and those around me.  Now my parents are aging fast.  Dad doesn't feel good at 84, he will be 85 in January.  Mom is 79 and a rock but even rocks wear with time.

The table has been turned.  I am now the leader.  They are such precious, wonderful people.  I love them so very much.  The emotions though are difficult to deal with.  Being an ostrich sounds great or a bear and hybernate for the winter....maybe things will get better and pass.

Our journey in life brings us to so many stops.  Learning how to cope and still have my own life is front and center again.  Hopefully the 2010 will bring me new strengths, power and knowledge.

Have a great day and enjoy all of those around you.






3 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts and prayers, my etsy friend! After reading Dustin's memorial blog, I am amazed at your strength. Prayers for continued strength and peace! Take care of yourself, too!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many similarities to your life and mine. Love and strength to you, Nancy (my name, also). Love and strength to us both ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy ~ My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I do not know what it feels like to lose a child, but my heart goes out to you. I too have taken care of grandparents and parents. It's tough to take on the role of parent to your parents.
    My Best ~ Holly

    ReplyDelete

My day is made with you comments. I am smiling now!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations