Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Birds and snow



I need to make something clear, ahem...I wanted a big snow...ok we got it now I am done.  I didn't ask for days of snow....



When I am on my computer I can look out my window at our bird feeders.  Now understand that I am so afraid of birds BUT I enjoy watching them after all I am safe in the house.  Anyway we have lots of cardinals that visit and even make their nests in our bushes.  They are so beautiful.  We try to keep food out for them.  Suddenly the black birds have found the new feeding spot.  OMG they are relentless in eating all of the food up.



Picture this, I am on the computer working away and out of the corner of my eye I see a black bird run the cardinals off.  I tap on the window and they fly away for about 3 seconds then they are back.....grrrrrrrr



So I thought I needed to go outside myself to shew the black birds away.  This worked only briefly.  While out I took some photos of the cardinals waiting on the black bird to leave and finally one cardinal braved it and starting eating with him.

That is my story today....birds and snow.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. Brrrrr. I'm cold just from looking at the pictures. They are however, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting mu blog today! I enjoyed my visit to yours, and I am now one of your followers. Keep up the good work you are doing! ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel about the snow. I wished for it and boy did we get it. I have a feeder on our back porch so I can watch them at the kitchen table. Quite a few different types of birds visit the feeder, my favorite are the female cardinals, they are so beautiful. I love your pictures. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cardinals were my refuge in our enormous snowfall, too. And like you, we had standoff between the cardinals and the blackbirds.

    Here's to hoping the snow stops soon!

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture--I love all those birds. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You won my giveaway! Congrats! Email me at blamb@imt.net with your mailing info. Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your bird pics! We don't have any pretty cardinals out west..so that was a nice treat!

    ReplyDelete

My day is made with you comments. I am smiling now!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations