Saturday, February 6, 2010

Reclaimed Beauty


As I sit drinking my coffee and looking out my window as I am typing...I see the beauty of snow everywhere.  Children are sledding, throwing snowballs, dogs running freely....ahhh the good ol'days when life was simple.  Oh to be a child again and see the world through their eyes.

Aniticpating the snow made the markets an event like Black Friday, pushing, lines, angry people.  Complaining about everything that wasn't a fault to any of us.  When I said, "I want the snow!"  I could feel the eyes piercing my every being, with a smile I moved along.

Constant updates to make sure my parents were ok as even though beautiful sometimes the unexpected may happen.  All is fine and they are enjoying the snow from the comforts of their living room.





Now my eyes wander back to my window.  The children count has increased...so much laughter.  My poor birds that visit daily their feeders are covered with snow....we will clear it for them.  Then I thought of this birdfeeder I found at my parents home.  It was in so much need of love.  I snatched it up brought it home and loved it!  Now it is new again.

Sometimes we need the vision of a child to reclaim the beauty in everything.

5 comments:

  1. what a pretty bird house :) simple but really really homey and pretty :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog! I'm your 'current' newest follower.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to hear children playing! I wish our neighborhood had more kids.

    Your birdhouse is so pretty. I love the little star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello - I followed you through Friday Follow, and I'm so glad I did! This is a beautiful post, and I love your birdhouse.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy. Whats a 'black Friday?' I hope you enjoy your snowy weekend. x Julie (sesenarts)

    ReplyDelete

My day is made with you comments. I am smiling now!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations