Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Going retro for a day is reliving my childhood



Some of the things that are so retro now was just normal for me but that is part of being old and refined I suppose!  Events that I remember are still so vivid.


It gives me the awww feeling to see interests in the good ol' days.

  • listening to and AM transitor radio
  • wearing all the paisley tent dresses
  • mini skirts
  • pop in a bottle
  • gas at 38 cents a gallon
  • swimming in a creek
  • protesting to wear pants to school
  • protesting to wear jeans to school
  • getting permission to use the phone
  • everyone rode the bus to school
  • listening to 45's and 33's
  • getting my first 8 track
  • rotary dial
  • bell bottom pants
  • flower power

Enjoy listening to favorite group when I was really young.


4 comments:

  1. I remember all of these! In our little town all you had to do to call someone else in town was dial the last 4 digits of their number because everyone had the same first 3 numbers. And this was in the 80's! My kids think I make this stuff up!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikies! We didn't have a phone until I left home. We had a Red Phone Box down the corner where you had to speak to an operater first! I remember having my first pair of white Levi's at 13 and mum buying them a size too big so I could grow into them. Sooo embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Nancy! Hey hey we're the Monkeys. I used to dance around singing that theme song when I was a little girl. I was born 1960. I always thought Sonny was too short for Cher. LOL Groovy!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. It is scary that I fall right in to all the ones you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

My day is made with you comments. I am smiling now!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations